Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Financial Engineering
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes. Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business unit(s) for whom financial engineers do analytical or product development work. Determine assets being bundled or analyzed for sale, or analytical purposes for which the engineers' work is intended.
- Assign work in unit to achieve certain analytical objectives to staff best suited to accomplish. Provide guidance and technical assistance to staff and track progress toward completion of analytical objectives.
- Research and document engineered products and their underlying methods as they trade or are introduced in financial markets. Provide technical assistance to product development and marketing staff who are developing the corporation's products for sale.
- Establish methodology for analytical tools being rendered into proprietary software applications; guide project management staff, testing staff, and application development staff as to the unit's requirements for financial engineering software.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience implementing QRM capabilities
- Experience communicating effectively with executives.
- Track-record of finding solutions to emerging problems.
- MBA or related advanced degree preferred
- CFA, CPA or related certifications preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56666