Fannie Mae Careers
Credit Risk Analyst II - Servicer Cash Management
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Credit Risk Analyst II will perform servicer cash management reviews, including Custodial Accounting, Investor Reporting, and Cash management. Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform test work of various servicer functions including but not limited to – collateralized pool differences, pass thru rates, payoffs, escrow and pool-to-security adjustments
- Identify non-compliance servicer activity within the following areas: Depositing and remitting funds: Reconciling bank accounts, Reconciling portfolios, Reconciling shortage/surplus accounts, Variances and exceptions
- Conduct credit analyses using standard and more advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Custodial Account Management and Investor Reporting
- Work independently to ensure that accounts are reconciled, funded and maintained according to Guidelines established by Fannie Mae
- Knowledge of Seller/Servicer operations including identifying process efficiencies and operational risk best practices
- Proven risk assessment ability for managing effective operational controls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating with executive level management
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56662