Fannie Mae Careers
Tax Accountant II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under general supervision, apply comprehensive understanding of tax principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to estimating and reporting the firm's corporate tax liability. Operate across the entire firm, on behalf of multiple business areas, or within a specific business. Develop and implement effective tax strategies. Conduct tax research and contribute to special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax provisions and the quarterly tax reserve with sufficient documentation and referencing.
- Analyze tax data and reports to ensure compliance.
- Review and analyze business requirements to implement tax rule changes.
- Monitor and reply to tax department correspondence. Assist with IRS audits by reviewing and investigating compliance issues. Prepare, deliver, and track document requests from IRS.
- Analyze system and data sources to improve productivity, accuracy, and timely submission of tax filings. Perform system testing.
- Advise management regarding business, internal programs, and activities as they relate to tax matters.
- May train staff and provide guidance for estimating tax liability and preparing tax filings.
- May perform complex tax projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge about financial product especially on fixed income investments is required;
- Solid working experiences with complex accounting software/systems;
- Be able to understand the process of software enhancements, also have advanced skills in MS Office software especially in Excel;
- Strong desire to learn, and good communication and team-work skills.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56655