Fannie Mae Careers
Director, Event Management
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Coordinate strategy execution and day-to-day operations for a unit engaged in organizing internal and external business meetings and events with the goal of supporting the firm marketing, customer relations, and/or employee welfare. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee and manage development and execution of event strategies and plans for internal and external employee and customer functions, sports events, symposiums, conferences, programs, banquets, receptions, parties, and executive meetings and briefings.
- Serve as liaison with senior management and with internal and external partners in directing events.
- Lead review of events and functions. Resolve highly significant issues. Provide expert advice and recommendations.
- Monitor unit research on new or enhanced services and vendors. Promote and sponsor initiatives designed to streamline, improve efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Extensive business to business event portfolio
- Experience covering large scale internal events, to event sponsorships, through fully customized client events & brand immersion experiences
- Experience creating bespoke thought leadership events
- Experience creating & deploying live marketing events, integrating event elements into experiential marketing & social campaigns
- Finger on pulse of trends & developments in the events landscape as it relates to experiential marketing, production & technology
- Demonstrated experience partnering with marketing teams to execute events with the purpose of furthering client relationships, enhancing brand messaging, & supporting product adoption in the business to business space.
- Deep project management experience & knowledge of workflow design best practices; Workfront experience preferred
- Deep knowledge and experience with metrics for business impact
- Experience providing strategic guidance, coaching & development of a high performing events team
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56643