Fannie Mae Careers
Application Support Analyst IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff. Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exceptional and proven written and verbal communication
- Expertise in proper English grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Business understanding of mortgage industry terms
- Understanding of technology terms
- Ability to interpret complex issues with technical verbiage and terms and communicate in easily understandable terms
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills and ability to work under very aggressive deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple incidents at any given time
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft products
- Proficiency in Remedy, ServiceNow and Business Objects
- ITIL certification preferred
- Ability to produce communications within minutes
- Ability to manage multiple updates to communications quickly during stressful situations
- Ability to follow process steps under during stressful situations
- Fannie or Freddie experience highly preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56633