Fannie Mae Careers
Operations Risk Analyst IV - Accounting and Finance
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Study and review business processes within the finance division or other divisions that impact the financial statements; examine documentation and flow of work through systems. Consult on risk and controls. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Study and review business processes in finance division or other divisions that impact the financial statements; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions. Coordinate across business and corporate units, and with customers in ensuring that these less common transactions or exchanges are executed appropriately.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on key findings, process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation with either business unit and/or internal management.
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business processes impacting internal controls over financial statements, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- Analyze and conclude on risk and controls on key business decisions and strategic initiatives impacting financial statements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6+ years of related experience such as accounting, risk assessment, audit, risk management, internal control, etc
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines, a must
- Knowledge of materiality as it relates to risk management in financial reporting; understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Understanding of risk and controls
- Ability to interact effectively throughout the organization, develop cooperative relationships, and collect information
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, and re-prioritize work as the needs of the business change
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations as it applies to risk assessments highly preferred
- Public accounting and/or financial services experience highly preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56632