Fannie Mae Careers
Economist Manager - Capital Markets Analytics Reporting
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage the work of a team of economists who conduct analyses or studies on effects of different economic conditions of the company's products, assets, or investments. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their prospective effect on the markets in which the company's goods or service trade. Collaborate on product development, risk management, financial management and capital market projects and exercises with economic analyses and projections.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business units regarding effects of economic conditions on the products offered by the unit. Determine economic analyses that could assess future environment(s) that could affect the performance of corporate assets or products.
- Facilitate the assignment of varied economic analyses to staff, provide professional oversight of work, and facilitate dissemination of research within company or for outside publication.
- Manage maintenance of models, and applications used in proprietary econometric analyses and help determine utility of products. Help assess future needs for analytical tools by the department.
- Manage the production of analyses supporting corporate management and business unit management. Areas of research include credit profile, loan performance, volume trend, loss mitigation, REO, housing market trend, and general economic conditions.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert in one or more of the following: SAS, R, Python, SQL, or other programming languages. Proficient in others.
- Expert with data visualization platforms such as Tableau, R Shiny, and Excel.
- Deep subject matter knowledge of relevant industry concepts, including: Primary and Secondary mortgage markets, Capital Markets, Structured Finance, Credit Risk/Pricing models and Valuation, Regulatory Frameworks (Basel, PMIERs, CCF, etc.).
- Knowledge of Finance, Economics, Fixed Income Mathematics, Probability, Statistical Analysis, and Financial Application Development.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and/or Intex (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, Masters preferred. Progress toward CFA a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56596