Fannie Mae Careers
Dbase Administrator I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, design, structure, and maintain one or more discrete databases used by business units or infrastructure units. Test, quality control, and performance tune data to ensure its integrity and reliability. Confer with business unit and technical staff regarding extracting data for particular reports. Monitor or accomplish refreshing of data and installation and testing of new releases or patches of database software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain structure, tables, access to and efficient operation of one or more databases in use for systems or applications in current use by clients, business units, or corporate offices.
- Confer with business unit or corporate office staff and/or developers regarding current or planned applications using a database to determine technical requirements and how they will be satisfied by the use and configuration of a database.
- Maintain, update, or document data structures or models, data dictionaries, tables, and other objects used in the database(s) supported.
- Maintain client registrations for the use of specific database(s).
- Ensure integrity of data in database by analyzing periodically, testing, and making additions or uploads as necessary.
- Support current applications using a database by troubleshooting error messages reported in the error log.
- May schedule large or batch jobs to be run and track their progress through server to completion.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to understand Database Infrastructure on multiple OS platforms
- Understanding of Database Monitoring and Reporting frameworks like OEM
- Ability to analyze infrastructure data and write reports using Tableau
- Basic DBA Operations like export/imports, DDL, DML, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with Splunk dashboarding
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56588