Fannie Mae Careers
VP, Finance Technology
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
- Champion innovation and oversee application development operations and drives timely, cost effective delivery of complex product portfolios.
- Partner with COO Technology Partners, guides the discovery and implementation of new technologies that enable business success.
- Communicate engineering plans, progress, and status throughout all levels of the company.
- Weight and understand industry solutions and provides recommendations to Finance stakeholders as to the optimal path forward.
- Remove obstacles, closes gaps and manages and mitigates risks to ensure delivery on time, on budget and at the highest levels of quality.
- Ensure effective disaster recovery and resiliency planning.
- Stay at the forefront of industry best practices, FinTech, and the Startup arena – and it’s impacts or potential for increased innovation, enhanced efficiency, and opportunities.
- Drive internal methodology and process improvements designed to shape the application development organization into a world class team utilizing best in class practices and technologies.
- Ensure high quality talent, bench strength and succession planning through best practices in recruiting, selection, training, developing and retaining IT professional staff.
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of a Business Products through the Accounting phase to enable identification of intersections.
- Understand enterprise changes and their impact to Finance; proactively performs impact assessments and promptly escalates issues.
- At least 12 years of professional experience (and at least 10 years of management experience).
- Experience developing software solutions and implementing third party products that comply with control standards defined by IT, Risk and Finance teams.
- Extensive experience leading Agile development team and implementing Scaled Agile practices.
- Experience delivering solutions aligned to a Service Oriented Architecture target state.
- Extensive experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud (AWS)
- Vendor Management experience.
- Experience building trust and confidence with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience implementing innovative solutions that enable business success.
- BS degree in technical area (i.e. engineering, computer science) is preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
Req ID: 56568