Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use standard or non-standard financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or assist month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to identify or track trends.
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others.
- Validate various transactions to ensure accuracy & integrity of data entered into specific databases or applications.
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Background in a business or quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics, etc.
- Experience in financial services or banking industry required; mortgage industry experience preferred.
- Great analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in explaining analysis, trends, and drivers to business partners.
- General financial and accounting knowledge required.
- Ability to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel required; experience with Microsoft Access, Tableau and/or SQL preferred.
- Proven ability to be highly flexible when responding to changing business needs.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56553