Fannie Mae Careers
Operations Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Operations Analyst ensures accurate and timely execution of our business transactions by clearly understanding our customers' needs and end-to-end business processes. Manages, executes, monitors, and validates production transactions/activities to ensure accuracy and adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. The analyst owns resolution of customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Works under limited supervision, prioritizing assignments and workloads to meet production and project deliverables. Manages a portfolio of medium to high complexity, utilizing sound logic for decision making and problem resolution.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor, analyze and accurately execute medium to high complexity transactions to support business operations
- Own and develop relationship with internal partners and external customers and vendors, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration and business results
- Work across business units to improve monitoring, discover issues, mitigate risk and deliver better value to the customer
- Adhere to internal controls and provide support for audit and regulatory reviews. Identify, appropriately escalate, and evaluate solutions for operating gaps or other potential adverse conditions that could pose risk to the control environment.
- Identify and resolve customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Analyze data, research issues, work through exceptions, and resolve discrepancies under limited guidance of leadership (as required).
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations for fixes and enhancements
- Provide subject matter expertise on projects and key strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience with electronic payments (ex. ACH, Fedwire, SWIFT) including settlement and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of banking industry, financial products and a solid understanding of industry practices and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with cash position and cash forecast functions in a large corporation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective and timely follow through and decision making, as well as strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to identify operational and process issues, while understanding need for and application of operational risk management and controls.
- Solid experience in personal computing concepts such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56527