Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The individual in this position will work on Fannie Mae's implementation of certain programs under the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s ("Treasury") Making Home Affordable initiative. U.S. citizenship is required by Treasury for such individual, as is execution of a nondisclosure agreement and compliance with other Fannie Mae requirements per Treasury's guidelines.
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use standard or non-standard financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or assist month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to identify or track trends.
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others.
- Validate various transactions to ensure accuracy & integrity of data entered into specific databases or applications.
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have firm understanding of accounting concepts to include the monthly close process, invoicing and financial reporting. Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and produce thoughtful presentations to different customers.
- Experience with reporting and forecasting in an FP&A environment, including experience analyzing financial statements and corporate results.
- Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively present to and work with senior management is required.
- Must be flexible to take on new or additional assignments and be able to adapt to changes; must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
Must have advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, e.g. VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas), prior experience with Tableau and Anaplan is preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56523