Fannie Mae Careers
Operations Risk Analyst IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
This position joins the heart of the business in Capital Markets. Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions. Coordinate across business and corporate units, and with customers in ensuring that these less common transactions or exchanges are executed appropriately.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in or play technical lead in disaster recovery effort.
- Measure and analyze performance improvement results in a business or corporate unit. Support overall IT control practices, and remediation action plan execution, and integration and systems development life cycle testing and systems certification.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience in leveraging data to identify, assess and document risk(s) and controls as well as performing governance and compliance monitoring and reporting activities
- Experience with risk management frameworks, including the three lines of defense, required
- Experience with the design and execution of risk and control self-assessment programs, strongly preferred
- Experience with the design and execution of scenario analysis programs, strongly preferred
- Experience with the preparation and delivery of presentations to senior executives, preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with managing competing priorities
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56517