Fannie Mae Careers
Non-Technical Project Manager I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
This position joins the Finance Transformation and Data team to support key initiatives related to financial data and capital. Operate under limited supervision in performing moderately complex activities related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of one or more projects within a business unit. Using knowledge of the business strategic plan, advance or conclude projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Monitor daily operations and provide direction to and assist subordinate staff. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities to advance the work of one or more projects. Plan, document, review, and manage subordinate performance.
- Develop implementation plans. Allocate and coordinate resources. Develop methods for monitoring project progress.
- Review project budgets. Verify project expenditures vs. actual.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks to include access requests, space management, equipment procurement and tracking, and contractor requisitions and work orders.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Resolve concerns on significant matters.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in project management methodology
- Proficient with Project Management Tools (MS Project, MS Project Server, MS Project Pro, Jira, Confluence)
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability and willingness to learn and grasp new information; flexible to work on broad range of projects
- Experience collecting and analyzing data in Excel, preferred
- Experience with Tableau and other reporting tools, a plus
- Finance transformation experience, a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56514