Fannie Mae Careers
Production Support Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study business processes in client or host unit and how they are automated. Examine business processes in unit to determine how they could be translated into requirements for IT applications.
- Develop data extractions or develop reports from requests or requirements stated by clients. Use database, report writer, data mart, or specialized applications to generate reports or analyses.
- May support application(s) in production. Note interruptions or bugs in operation and perform problem solving exercise to determine problem and ensure continued use of the application, or confer with less senior staff attempting to restore job or report.
- Participate in project meetings to plan rewrite of addition to application in production or being revised for release into production. May serve as project lead in project to plan revisions to application.
- Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have L2 production operations app/tech support working experience in a 24x7 environment carrying rotational primary pager, including weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
- AWS Cloud, API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, EC2, CLI. AWS Cloud Security and Networking. AXWAY API Gateway.
- Must have working experience with UNIX and LINUX environments with SOA and Java components, command line, UNIX/Bash shell scripting.
- Working experience in agile methodology, Dev Ops and experience/certification in AWS, JIRA, Jenkins, Kibana, Cloud technologies is a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL and or Service Mgmt and experience in support various phases of SDLC (Waterfall or Agile).
- Experience with web/app server, database, ADK and Java language, Oracle, Cassandra, and Autosys job mgmt for scheduling, monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Able to communicate with mgmt on tech issues in non-technical terms and to run conference calls during incidents.
- At least one AWS Certification (Sys Ops, DevOps, Solutions Architect)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56506