Fannie Mae Careers
Counterparty Risk Analyst I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Track, analyze, and assess risks of other organizations participating in financing, underwriting or insuring assets in which the company has invested. Assess and approve credit limits for investment or insurance by counterparties. Analyze and evaluate current and potential credit exposure for counterparties that are related because of similar industry, geographic, or economic characteristics. Recommend or implement credit enhancement provisions if counterparty credit is downgraded. Apply and evaluate credit management models developed by analytics group.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess funding, business practices, geographical distribution of business, client data and other pertinent information about bank, originator, insurance company, or other entity engaged in sharing financing or underwriting with the corporation.
- Prepare for and participate in visits to other entities to gather further information and prepare or advance business relationship.
- Analyze relevant data to develop recommendations for pricing, credit enhancements, assessment of the soundness of the related organization, or other prudent actions the company could take in doing business with the related company.
- Track production, lending, servicing, insurance, or underwriting data as it comes in from related company(s) and determine if activities are within agreed to parameters.
- Work problem tickets for discrepancies identified during use of the proprietary risk tracking system, and participate in system testing for new releases.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Experience and solid understanding of financial statement analysis
- Ability to research, write, and present financial materials in a concise and coherent manner
- Proficient in Excel to sort and analyze data
- Ability to work effectively and multi-task in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and grasp new information
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56492