Fannie Mae Careers
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Leads application automation and testing of large scale mission critical systems. Applies expertise in programming to build and evolve test frameworks and methodologies to support quality and reliability of our systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Facilitates the design and development of automated test methodologies, collaborating with engineering and product teams to implement shift left techniques on test design and automation
- Writes actionable, testable product requirements in the form of user stories based on input from product development team
- Leverages leadership and coding expertise to leads product development team in the development and maintenance of test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system
- Support test engineering efforts to implement enterprise frameworks to enhance overall testing capabilities
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of directly related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6+ years’ experience hands-on technical lead, leading medium to large team(s)
- 5+ years’ application development experience using Agile methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience working in Java/JEE, JPA/Hibernate, Web services (REST), SQL.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Angular and associated unit frameworks like Jasmin/Karma
- 5+ years’ experience working in UNIX based environments.
- Expertise in automation tools: Selenium, Rest-Assured, Selenide, Responsive Web Testing Tools like Applitools/Galen, Saucelabs
- Experience developing automated tests using or executing on AWS and Docker containers
- Experience with load and scalability tools such as JMeter, BlazeMeter or LoadRunner
- Proficiency in applying ATDD/BDD, TDD
- Proficiency with build tools: SVN, GIT, Crucible, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Nexus
- Experience with agile management tools: JIRA, XRay
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and mentor staff
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56485