Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use standard or non-standard financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
The Financial Analyst II will be a member on the team responsible for corporate administrative expense analysis, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze and forecast enterprise administrative expenses including compensation, professional services, equipment depreciation, building costs, and software development capitalization and amortization.
- Assist with annual and multi-year administrative expense modeling and planning
- Implement and monitor analytical and governance processes and frameworks associated with new financial technology deployment
- Assist with the development/preparation of forecast consolidation and analysis process.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or assist month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, to identify or track trends.
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others.
- Validate various transactions to ensure accuracy & integrity of data entered into specific databases or applications.
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of economic factors impacting the housing industry
- Strong analytical and technical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, prior experience with Tableau and Anaplan is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in explaining analysis, trends, and drivers to business partners using PowerPoint and other tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and challenge business contacts to interpret issues and properly apply finance and accounting principles in reporting and forecasting
- Expert ability to multi-task competing priorities in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae's financial statements and/or administrative expense reporting
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56462