Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- VBA (Visual Basic For Applications)
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- Enterprise Databases - Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server
- Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Ability to connect to remote databases such as Netezza, SQL Server, Oracle
- Pass thru Queries in Oracle
- SharePoint Development – ability to maintain / support, and enhance SharePoint sites including prior experience in workflow development.
- SAS development experience
- SDLC methodology
- Prior demonstrated experience with business analysis, requirements and data gathering, and project management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56436