Fannie Mae Careers
Communication Specialist II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
This role supports internal communications in the Single-Family business. The right candidate will have strong writing and copy-editing skills with a passion for finding and telling meaningful, impactful stories. This individual will have a knack for helping Fannie Mae's people, products, and values shine. Takes initiative to consistently improve processes and works collaboratively to make the team more efficient. May sometimes work independently and have client-facing interaction/responsibilities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute internal communications strategies to support the firm's products and services.
- Support authoring, reviewing, or contributing to internal campaigns and editorial calendars (blogs, creative briefs, articles, story mining, awards) that may have a broader reach externally.
- Respond to and resolve complex and sensitive customer inquiries. Track employee requests. Collaborate with appropriate business units and communications teams. Non-siloed thinker.
- Under the direction of immediate supervisor, may work directly with client to provide communications and marketing solutions that are aligned with client's business priorities and objectives.
- Has event-planning experience, brings creative "outside the box" ideas to engage employees. Can manage details small and large -- from initial brainstorms to promotion and execution.
- Document standards and procedures. Contribute to and develop operating procedures, publishing guidelines, style guides, and quality control standards.
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop joint communications tactics. Seeks to understand division and company's goals and priorities and how individual work contributes to its success.
- May perform complex projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to translate complex business information to concise and simple messaging.
- Strong collaboration with the ability to proactively engage with various audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage projects or initiatives independently.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and assist with the creation and execution of comprehensive communications plans.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Work is generally moderate to high in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to resolve routine to non-standard issues, as necessary. Work may be done independently or under limited supervision.
- Passion for growing skills, learning the business, growing relationships, and understanding different areas of expertise on a high-performing, diverse communications team.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56429