Fannie Mae Careers
Customer Support Specialist III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Provides transactional sales support and project management to internal and external customers. The Customer Support Specialist will typically participate in determining objectives and suggest varying solutions to a wide range of issues while maintaining a sense of urgency. The Specialist should be self-directed and take initiative to get things done correctly with limited direction from manager. Work is generally high in scope and complexity requiring strong communication skills across all levels.
- Leads in the escalated evaluation and facilitation of internal/external customer requests with respect to a wide range of issues.
- Resolves moderate to complex inquiries that require internal communication, collaboration and consultation with account teams and/or customers.
- Leads and manages assigned Accounts/Customer portfolio in areas that are operational, administrative and ad hoc but critical to the Consumer Resource Center (CRC) team objectives.
- Functions as topic or project management lead in moderately complex assignments.
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries on various CRC team objectives. Conducts research and analysis of and reviews account data and to determine effective solution to identified issues independently or in collaboration with the Customer Account Manager (CAM) or urgency of issue.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to management/customers regarding new trends or sensitive issues that arise from handling customer transactions/projects and provides data/statistics/analysis that adds value.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team effectively while working independently with minimal supervision or direction
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), contact center experience preferred but not required, and knowledge of Fannie Mae's single family mortgage business
- Project management skills and demonstrable ability to multitask and toggle between varying projects based off priorities
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities with a mindset of continual improvement
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor – must be able to interact with customers (homeowners, home buyers, real estate agents, servicers, etc.) in a friendly and helpful manner at all times while maintaining call control
- Results Oriented – Need to be able to focus on personal and team goals, and collaborate with others to achieve and drive results
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify operational and process issues, document and record escalated matters in a concise detailed manner and collaborate to provide solutions.
- Ability to take ownership with the identification and implementation of process improvements as well as issue and track remediation for varying cases.
- Strong Excel skills-Will need a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with above average knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior level executives.
- Preferred knowledge of call and e-mail management tools, such as CCE9 and Salesforce.
- Proficiency in working within SharePoint.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56423