Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Provides transactional sales support and project management to internal and external customers. The Customer Support Specialist will typically participate in determining objectives and suggest varying solutions to a wide range of issues while maintaining a sense of urgency. The Specialist should be self-directed and take initiative to get things done correctly with limited direction from manager. Work is generally high in scope and complexity requiring strong communication skills across all levels.
- Leads in the escalated evaluation and facilitation of internal/external customer requests with respect to a wide range of issues.
- Resolves moderate to complex inquiries that require internal communication, collaboration and consultation with account teams and/or customers.
- Leads and manages assigned Accounts/Customer portfolio in areas that are operational, administrative and ad hoc but critical to the Consumer Resource Center (CRC) team objectives.
- Functions as topic or project management lead in moderately complex assignments.
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries on various CRC team objectives. Conducts research and analysis of and reviews account data and to determine effective solution to identified issues independently or in collaboration with the Customer Account Manager (CAM) or urgency of issue.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to management/customers regarding new trends or sensitive issues that arise from handling customer transactions/projects and provides data/statistics/analysis that adds value.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Counseling is preferred.
- 4+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with customers.
- Capable of creating solutions to resolve high profile and/or sensitive consumer inquiry complaints or disputes.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of mortgage servicing and/or housing counseling.
- Capable of counseling in the fields of mortgage default and delinquency, foreclosure prevention, lending, home purchasing, insurance, and disaster recovery.
- Proficient at managing a pipeline of cases and counseling customers through complete resolution.
- Capable of communicating effectively with senior leadership with a strong executive presence.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionality and build strong relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to process work timely and adequately, with a strong attention to detail.
- Capable of executing on goals with limited management oversight.
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting trends using data and analytics.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56423