Fannie Mae Careers
Director, Communications & Marketing
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Serves as a strategic advisor and key relationship manager to clients in establishing priorities, achieving business goals, and implementing best-in-class communications and/or marketing strategies. Position is responsible for creating strategic enterprise-wide vision resulting in significant impact. Clients may be internal corporate stakeholders, media or customer facing business leaders. Coordinate strategy and lead, plan and direct the work of staff that performs communications and/or marketing initiatives by delivering quantifiable results to support corporate priorities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees and manages the development and implementation of communication and/or marketing strategies to support the company's products and services. Serves as a day-to-day lead between group and business area management, providing strategic counsel and implementation support of communications and/or marketing strategies and initiatives. Monitors client satisfaction and proactively addresses any client issues.
- Able to identify, understand and resolve client issues. Thinks creatively and provides strategic solutions. Builds client commitment and engagement around strategy. Adds value and creates impact for clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with clients and is considered a strategic partner in achieving partners' business goals and objectives.
- Collaborates both within own group and across divisions to deliver consultative, strategic solutions to clients.
- Coaches and mentors subordinates to achieve performance goals that are aligned with division and company goals. Identifies career development opportunities for direct reports. Provides frequent, informal feedback to subordinates to aid in individual career growth and development.
- Coaches and mentors subordinates to achieve performance goals that are aligned with division and company goals. Identifies career development opportunities for direct reports. Provides frequent, informal feedback to subordinates to aid in individual career growth and development. Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provides for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Seeks to understand the direction of the company. Serves as a role model for delivering the company's messages and supporting its vision.
- Manages budget for area of responsibility.
- MBA highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 8+ years of related experience.
- Partner with segment/enterprise teams to translate business objectives into compelling marketing strategies and content that elevate Fannie Mae Brand.
- Serve as thought leader, partnering with stakeholders across the organization to develop consumer-driven value propositions and claims.
- Lead the development of strong segment/product insights in partnership with marketing research teams.
- Lead cross-functional marketing and communications teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns and communications.
- Create robust marketing plans (goals, channels, metrics) – focused on driving business outcomes for Fannie Mae.
- Stay current on mortgage marketplace; monitoring trends and ensuring communications are aligned and/or update accordingly.
- Strong leader with demonstrated experience building strong teams and developing talent.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56404