Fannie Mae Careers
Admin Support IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Provide administrative, recordkeeping, budget, and/or logistical support to a senior level manager of a business unit, such as a Vice President, or for a large office. Draw upon experience and judgment to maintain schedules, track and document unit activity, and provide for meetings and the meeting materials with little supervision. Guide and direct the work of other administrative staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform highly complex administrative functions to support the work of one or more senior managers or a large office.
- Perform a lead role in coordinating meetings and events with multiple managers or offices.
- Maintain a budget or provide similar administrative support.
- Prepare complicated documents and presentations.
- Gather data relevant to projects of a senior manager or large office.
- Create administrative practices to ensure efficiency and consistency within the office.
- Provide support and guidance to less experienced clerical employees and administrative staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail (e.g. in maintaining calendars, meeting agendas, expense tracking and information files)
Proactive work style that anticipates needs, builds strong team relationships and seeks to look ahead and resolves problems
Flexibility and demonstrated skills in managing multiple stakeholders/priorities, re-prioritizing as needed
Proven ability to act as a team player and drive projects to successful completion
Must have a professional manner as well as a high level of interpersonal skills to handle time-sensitive and stressful situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of Fannie Mae staff and external constituents.
Ability to communicate effectively across business lines demonstrating good judgment and focus on confidentiality.
Strong experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56402