Fannie Mae Careers
Quantitative Modeler IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Support, develop, assess, and execute statistical, mathematical, economic, and financial models for business decision making in all areas of mortgage finance business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct theoretical and empirical research with public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rate, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing.
- Apply mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions to support business strategies and initiatives.
- Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
- Ensure modeling projects are conducted in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted modeling practices
- Develop and implement validation strategies and assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes
- Understand relevant business context to properly interpret model results, monitor performance and assess risks. Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication via white papers, reports and presentations, to individuals from various backgrounds
- Collaborate effectively, work as part of a team and across organizational lines to develop and implement solutions to meet business needs; Serve as project lead
- Work autonomously guiding teams, choosing projects, and often act as SME resource across departments or as an in-house-expert
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid knowledge in math, statistics, and numerical algorithms
- Strong background in statistical modeling
- Solid experience with common machine learning algorithms / methodologies
- Experiences with mortgage loan performance data analses desired
- Knowledge in finance including pricing theory a plus
- Proficient in at least one of SAS / R / python
- Ability to lead a project end-to-end
- Strong verbal and written communication
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56381