Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Regulatory Capital Analytics
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Direct the work of
a unit whose staff use value-at-risk models for the classes of assets or
financial instruments the company owns or underwrites. Use risk assessment
models such as scenario models or sensitivity analyses to measure and quantify
risk and regulatory capital as it pertains to different classes of assets.
Oversee the application of advanced mathematical, statistical, or other
financial analytical tools to develop more precise analyses or projections of
capital requirements of different assets classes in different economic
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with business units whose assets or transactions are subject to risk and capital analysis for business or regulatory reasons. Determine ways in which analysis or analytical tools can be sharpened or made more useful to the business, customers, or regulators.
- Direct the work of a unit in applying varied statistical and mathematical tools to analyzing the risk of varied financial products, assets and transactions. Review and critique analysis and suggest different analytical approaches or methods.
- Confer with leadership and key professionals among economists, modelers, treasury and trading to coordinate efforts and sustain consensus on the organization's approach to analyzing and quantifying risk and capital assessment.
- Track academic research in quantitative modeling used to quantify risk for financial assets and their derivatives; may confer with academic professionals on current thinking, models entering use, and the like.
- Report to senior management and regulator on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Background in Financial Institution regulatory capital requirements
Strong Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Skills
Background in Economics and/or Finance and the Mortgage Industry
Ability to manage a reporting production process to a regulatory agency in a controlled environment
Experience in a capital management function including data analysis and capital forecasting
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56378