Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
This position will support Funding & Loan Accounting in all aspects
of systems initiatives related to Fannie Mae's Accounting Operations systems. Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating for administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop user acceptance test plans detailing the test objectives, testing strategies, and expected results. Determine their interdependencies and the level of testing effort, in order to prioritize the various test cases. Execute testing and maintain clear documentation of the test results and analyses. Provide senior management with recommendations on go/no-go implementation decisions, based on well-documented test results.
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to identify inefficiencies in procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and ways in which systems supporting these can be enhanced.
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience, such that pertinent issues can be discussed and resolved. In addition, participate in, and as required, lead user acceptance testing efforts associated with systems development work.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specifications including descriptive text, process flows, and other information needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other units; serve on project team accomplishing these functions.
- Provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s), or develop specifications for such queries or analyses to be performed by others.
- Serve as team, project, or technical lead in project involving definition of business processes or development of technical/business specifications for new or modified business management or operational software.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated strong project management (planning, execution, budget from inception to implementation), organizational, problem solving and analytical skills as it pertains to implementing software and providing operational support.
- Demonstrated experience in defining user acceptance test (UAT) plans and track and monitor; JIRA experience, preferred
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and produce thoughtful and strategic recommendations for ultimate presentation to the customer;
- Experience creating queries in SQL
- Demonstrates analytical and research skills as well as the ability to conceptualize more complex issues and develop complex processes, procedures or solutions
- Experience working in an agile and/or waterfall environment
- Accounting knowledge a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56367