Fannie Mae Careers
Credit Risk Analyst III - Multifamily Sponsor Risk Group
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The position is a key component of the Sponsor Risk Group within the Multifamily division, providing credit risk analysis of public and private real estate sponsors, which includes public companies, private companies, real estate funds and individuals. The position focuses on monitoring sponsor level risk on a regular basis through financial and SREO statement analysis, peer group analysis and industry knowledge as part of the sponsor risk management function within the Multifamily organization. Develop data, financial analytics and reports to communicate business unit activities to Multifamily' stakeholders. Support the development and implementation of Multifamily credit risk standards, policies and procedures. Apply uses and applications of the Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide (MSSG) policies in communications with counterparties.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Multifamily market including; DUS model, products, real estate finance, transactions and structures, legal contracts, loan documents, property/ collateral valuation, cap rates, credit, regional markets.
- Provide subject matter expertise specific to the Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide (MSSG) policies, its uses and applications.
- Monitor sponsor level risk on a regular basis through financial and SREO statement analysis, peer group analysis and industry knowledge as part of the sponsor risk management function.
- Analyze Multifamily portfolio data, counterparties, markets, complex loan agreements/ terms, financial statements, cash flows and loss calculations. Identify trends, and draw reasonable conclusions from examination of data and other sources of information.
- Significant depth of understanding relative to business unit responsibilities and objectives. Resolve problems, source and develop information to negotiate position with management and external stakeholders to mitigate financial and credit risk.
- Ability to direct others in the process of navigating multiple systems, managing data and creating reports. Ensures data quality and integrity. Improve processes to monitor and communicate credit risk within the team and across the Multifamily organization.
- Lead, support the development of action plans for non-routine project-based work including regulatory and internal audit activities.
- Maintain Fannie Mae training schedule. Actively focus upon personal development aligned with Fannie Mae leadership criteria for associates and that complements business unit goals.
- Subject matter specialist within the business unit. Position includes some coaching and knowledge sharing with team members to facilitate business unit objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in commercial real estate finance or commercial credit analysis, multifamily experience preferred
- Demonstrated research abilities; ability to present complex materials in a concise and coherent manner
- Solid understanding of commercial mortgage finance industry, corporate finance, accounting; ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong understanding of financial risk management principles and controls
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to deal with multiple business units within the Multifamily organization
- Self-motivated, team player who has strong work ethic, ability to work independently, demonstrates attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment with excellent business literacy skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56309