Fannie Mae Careers
Market Insights Quantitative Researcher
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Fannie Mae’s Economic and Strategic Research unit based in Washington, DC is currently searching for a well-qualified Market Insights Researcher III who will focus on creating strategic market insights that will impact the future of housing and housing finance. The Economic and Strategic Research group is headed by the chief economist and its mission is to deliver high quality independent research and analysis to advise and challenge Fannie Mae business decisions, strategy, and innovation activities as well as inform external groups such as lenders, investors, and academics.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partners with business units to scope and define research projects that deliver actionable findings to address business needs.
- Leads and executes in-depth analytical projects based on various data sources, including primary and secondary data, using advanced research methods and statistical analysis techniques.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts, apply market research data to quantitative business applications such as forecasting, customer segmentation, and customer behavior prediction.
- Analyses and interprets data to identify patterns and solutions; converts complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports.
- Communicates results and their implications in a manner that will be easily understood by non-technical professionals and the media; advises business units or senior management on how to best use research findings.
- Plans new and innovative research to support business unit and enterprise-wide strategies.
- Devise and evaluate methods for obtaining and analyzing data; serve as an authority on various research methodologies.
- Apply data management skills to manage and/or compile large complex research dataset from multiple sources (e.g. consumer surveys, macroeconomic data series, in-house loan mortgage data, etc.) and multiple formats (SAS, Oracle, Excel etc.).
- Negotiates with external vendors for dataset and analytical resources while minimizing overall spend.
- Mentor and guide junior researchers and review teammates' work product as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- Preferred, graduate degree such as a MBA MS, or PhD in a relevant field (e.g. business, social science, statistics, mathematics, behavioral economics, etc.).
- 6+ years of related experience in market research, marketing science, behavioral economics or another relevant field where they have consistently delivered actionable results through consultative engagements.
- Experience in financial services and consumer finance are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with internal and external partners to translate business objectives into effective research and analysis designs that provide business implications and actionable insights.
- Demonstrated strong experience in survey research methodology: online, phone, and mail survey techniques; sample weighting.
- Demonstrated strong experience in statistical techniques: frequency, correlation, statistical significance, multivariate regressions, logistic regressions, factor analysis, cluster analysis, segmentation, conjoint design & analysis, predictive modeling, model error analysis, etc.
- Experience in data management and analysis: compile, merge, and manage research datasets from multiple sources (e.g. survey, macroeconomic data series, in-house data etc.) using various data analysis tools such as Excel, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in providing influential and clear storylines for written, verbal, and visual communication of research results so less technical professionals can apply findings to their business needs.
- Experience is using Word, PowerPoint, etc. to communicate results.
- Can work in a very fluid and typically rapid-paced environment, usually “juggling” demands from multiple projects at the same time.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56300