Fannie Mae Careers
Proj Mgr III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of relatively large or complex project(s), including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to project staff; may manage staff of analysts who are developing technical specifications or developers who are coding. May plan, document, manage and evaluate staff performance, or contribute to evaluation by their managers.
- Contribute to professional or technical development of less experienced staff by mentoring or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with Solution implementation/delivery (SDLC, Agile, and Lean methodologies)
- Experience with Applications and Enterprise IT Infrastructure
- Highly skilled at problem-solving
- Extensive experience with communicating with executives and collaborating across business units including active facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Highly skilled at understanding dependencies between technology shared services
- Ability to understand corporate and technology strategies and connect them to tactical activities
- Demonstrated ability to translate technology benefits, impacts, and risks into business language
- Experience with both Project and Program Management
- Experience with Developing business and systems requirements
- Experience with Release management and solution delivery
- Familiar with the Mortgage industry; business acumen
- Skilled with Relationship management
- Skilled at Critical Thinking
- Organizational skills
- System Thinking
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56289