Fannie Mae Careers
Lead AWS Solutions Engineer- (Enterprise Data Lake)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Join Enterprise Risk Management Technology team to deliver next generation of data management capabilities on AWS Enterprise Data Lake (EDL). Utilize latest technology such as big data and machine learning to deliver insight to better understand market, credit and operational risk. Develop strategy, lead development teams and help transform existing capabilities to target state by delivering state of the art solutions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as SME and Lead solutions engineer for an Agile team and actively participate in Agile development methodologies and processes
- Provide optimal solutions and help improve performance of our tech stack and environment on the AWS cloud.
- Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to support calls and troubleshoot critical issues for application in production when needed.
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis, application of analysis/design engineering functions, applications of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc,. advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8+ years of Java/Python, SQL, PySpark
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, Hive, Glue, EMR, RDS, ELB, Lambda, Redshift, Cloud Watch etc.)
- Experience with building RESTful Web Services
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Hadoop and/or other Big Data Technologies
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB is a plus
- Agile / Scrum (SAFe preferred)
- Unix Scripting
- Knowledge of Financial Products, Risk Management, Portfolio Management is preferred but not mandatory. Training will be provided to help you gain ground.
- AWS certification(s) will be preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56287