Fannie Mae Careers
Systems Analyst V
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design and develop computer applications and systems from existing systems, user needs and specifications, and software design constraints and software capabilities. Use structured methodology to define needs, develop and documenting technical requirements, and define coding specifications. May work with off-the shelf application software, proprietary organization application, or enterprise software which is being modified or customized for a particular report or analytic purpose. Brings to bear both knowledge of computer systems' capabilities and limitations and the business needs of client. May spec out estimated time and resources needed for a project.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with the business unit or other subject matter experts to identify or refine technical requirements for application under development or being revised.
- Document requirements for enhancements for specific application.
- Review and/or contribute content to requirements, design, or test documentation.
- Perform data analysis at various stages of project, in order to assure development of a quality application. Analysis can include requirements development, testing, or user acceptance.
- Contribute to application test plan, and evaluate test results to assist development or test staff.
- Assist project manager in task identification, resource allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track. May take lead on small projects or on segment of larger projects.
- Provide business domain and/or technology and/or process expertise and mentoring to others on team. Prepare or contribute to briefings of application owners at pertinent stages of project.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience troubleshooting and conducting detail analysis into software and data related issues
- Experience working with various stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements
- Experience developing business and system process flows
- Experience working on business transformation efforts
- Ability to drive tasks and workstreams to completion
- Experience analyzing one or more of the following technologies (Java, Mendix, Appian, PegaSystem, or Angular)
- Knowledge of SQL and database required (Oracle, Sybase or any other Relational Database.)
- Must be a team player, be self-driven and have a positive attitude
- Open to working and analyzing new technologies, such as AWS
- Financial or Mortgage Industry experience
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56283