Fannie Mae Careers
Operational Risk Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Assess adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies (such as six sigma) to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in disaster recovery effort as technical resource.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in leveraging data to identify, assess and document risk(s) and controls as well as performing governance and compliance monitoring and reporting activities.
- Able to identify issues and recommend acceptable continuous improvement / remediation activities.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) – must be able to effectively communicate with all levels.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
- Experience in risk reporting using MS Excel and PowerPoint
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56268