Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
The Financial Analyst III will be a senior member on the team responsible for financial stress testing program management, results analysis, management and regulatory reporting, and process improvement.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for stress testing and related reporting, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for senior management to aid in making financial, risk, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit CFO management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or lead analyses, including scenario and sensitivity analysis, to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, to identify or track trends. May consolidate work done by other analysts into final report.
- Develop/prepare/continually improve forecast consolidation and analysis process.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users in the company. Coordinate development of data files, testing and validation in the acceptance phase, and migration of data requirements to production phase of the application life-cycle.
- Advance reporting capabilities using Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) to improve analysis and reporting of business strategy outcomes
- Play technical or project lead role on specific analytical project; provide guidance to less senior analysts; may provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objective. Specifically, manage end-to-end financial stress testing program, including coordination with BU CFO teams, governance stakeholders, and enterprise-wide stress testing teams (e.g., ERM analytics).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to analyze data to draw conclusions and develop projections.
- Ability to synthesize information from several sources into cohesive themes.
- Demonstrated quick-learning and high-efficiency abilities in challenging and time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to perform in high-pressure environment, multi-task, and prioritize. Strong project management, organization, communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to understand key macro-economic and business drivers of the company’s financial results and apply concepts to projections.
- Interest in researching industry best practices, regulator expectations, and identifying and implementing improvements in Fannie Mae’s practices
- Advanced MS Office skills required. Planning software/platform (e.g., Hyperion, Anaplan) and Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) experience preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56266