Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Support, develop, assess, and execute statistical, mathematical, economic, and financial models for business decision making, risk assessment, financial valuation, and performance measurement in all areas of mortgage finance business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Under the direction of supervisor or senior staff, conduct theoretical and empirical research using public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rates, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing.
- Apply mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques to help provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions to support business strategies and initiatives.
- Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to help develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
- Complete modeling tasks in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted modeling practices
- Perform analyses to assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes under supervision
- Apply understanding of relevant business context to properly interpret model results, monitor performance and assess risks
- Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication
- Work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- R/Rstudio statistical/mathematical software.
- Spatial database design; spatial datatypes, functions and algorithms; PostgreSQL, PostGIS, QGIS
- Machine learning methods such as SVM, gradient boosting, xgboosting.
- Python scripting language and libraries Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, statsmodels
- Proficient on deep learning frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS Services
- Experience on hydrologic modelling, climate change modelling
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56253