Fannie Mae Careers
Data Management Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Directly responsible for implementing various facets of the enterprise data management program. Collaborate with our business and technology partners, establish the enterprise data management initiatives to support achievement of business and technology partners' goals across the enterprise.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate with business partners, technical partners, and representatives from other organizations to understand and evaluate their requirements regarding data.
- Manage initiatives focused on implementing enterprise data management capabilities.
- Align enterprise data management activities with industry best practices.
- Develop metrics associated with core job functions, focusing on business value.
- Manage staff of data management professionals.
- Align data management efforts/initiatives directly to providing business value.
- Provide opportunities for continual development of staff's skills and expertise in the data management area.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- 10+ years of overall IT experience with 5-7 years manipulating data sets, working in Enterprise Data Lake, Data Warehouse
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating and leading across teams
- Expert in Data Management, Data Mining, and coding techniques
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Strong experience in Mortgage Finance supporting IT projects in the Financial Services, Banking, Mortgage and Insurance sectors, preferably specializing in Secondary Mortgage business processes preferred
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc. to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working in a cloud based architecture; Amazon Web Services (AWS) and AWS Certification, preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56246