Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Fannie Mae is seeking to hire a Vice President of Digital Engineering based in our HQ office located in Washington DC. As VP, you will report directly into our SVP of Integrated Technology Solutions and will lead a highly motivated team of approximately 7 direct-reports with 70+ team members - spread across our DC, NoVA, and Plano offices.
As VP of Digital Engineering, you’ll be responsible for operating across the entire application development organization - with a focus on providing software engineering services to drive consistent delivery. You will lead as the chief enabler responsible for breaking down silos across the application development portfolios and driving consistent engineering practices to improve software quality and time to market. You will focus on driving ongoing alignment with the technology leadership and ensuring alignment on technology change with our business partners. You’ll partner closely with the Application Portfolio leaders and Enterprise Architecture leaders to help define our target state architecture and define the software development guiding principles that will align with the target.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Lead a centralized engineering function that will provide development services to the application portfolio team with a focus on emerging technologies. The initial focus will include: Intelligent Automation, Microservices, API’s, Unified Portal Framework, Mobile and the Application Development Kit.
- Lead a technology support function that will accelerate and enhance software development and testing activities. The services include but are not limited to the capabilities of Innovation Sandbox Provisioning, Test Data Management, Chaos Testing, Delivery of non-functional requirements, and Environment Management.
- Establish and lead an engagement function that will enable the ITS organization to drive alignment with partners and business stakeholders.
- Drive the development of comprehensive training programs for technology roles that support ongoing talent development in targeted skill gap areas.
- Partner with technology leaders and the change management team to enhance communication protocol for technology production changes.
- Define processes and produce insights for application portfolio leads that can be leveraged during business partner engagement sessions.
- Lead annual Voice of the Customer focus groups with the Enterprise to assess the technology partnership.
- Drive alignment within the COO organization on key technology decisions.
- Setup collaboration functions across ITS to support cross training and information sharing with continuous monitoring and adjusting to align to expected collaborative outcomes.
- Provide software development governance to ensure consistent delivery of software solutions in alignment with the target state architecture.
- Stand up a function to address Enterprise “how to” requests related to technology.
- BS degree in technical area (i.e. engineering, computer science) is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 12 years of professional experience (and at least 10 years of management experience).
- Extensive experience leading high-performing Agile development teams and experience implementing Scaled Agile practices.
- Experience delivering solutions aligned to a Service Oriented Architecture target state
- Experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud (AWS).
- Experience piloting and scaling the enterprise adoption of emerging technologies (i.e. Robotics Process Automation).
- Experience using change management methods to rollout enterprise technology changes.
- Experience and expertise in building positive working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong influencer and capable of driving alignment across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change.
- Experience in a leadership role on a Digital Transformation program.
- Experience establishing an Intelligent Automation practice.
Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Builds effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Drives vision and purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Optimizes Work Process: Knowing the most effective and efficient process to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Req ID: