Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst III – Data and Reporting
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Business Analyst III will be part of a data and reporting team to provide reporting production support to Accounting Operations areas. Additionally, the Business Analyst will assist securities and/or loans accounting teams by developing reports and researching different issues including GL to SL variances. Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Create new Business Objects reports & Tableau Dashboards Reports and defect fixes on Reports.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Research general ledger account level discrepancies in reports to support accounting operations.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business/Accounting
- Strong Business Intelligence knowledge with understanding of Accounting or Accounting Operations
- Experience partnering with internal clients to develop, analyze, and present reports specific to business needs
- Business Objects or Tableau report development skills
- Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle including requirements, design, and development and testing
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work independently as well as in a dynamic matrix team environment to provide support to business user
- Preferred - Experience and strong knowledge of creating and using complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and validating reports/backend data
- Preferred - Strong Data Analysis skills with Database knowledge and experience with database query tools and languages
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56237