Fannie Mae Careers
Technical Writer II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, plan, develop, write, and edit technical manuals, guides, and publications for paper or electronic media for use by technical audience(s). Document engineering specifications and/or procedures for applications and other engineered or programmed products. May interview developers, analysts, or subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and utility of finished product. Update publications as technical or programming changes require. May translate technical specifications or procedures into language that can be understood by application users as well as technical audience.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and publish technology user support solutions, including user guides, process maps, and online help systems.
- Research appropriate sources in order to create, update, and review process documentation for an assigned business unit or corporate office.
- Confer with developers and technical leads in order to produce requirements and design documentation.
- May analyze IT/IS application, actual business, or operational sequence to spec out steps that can be documented.
- May work with project managers in order to produce project plans and schedules.
- Participate in special projects as assigned; may draft or document technical portions of reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of and experience in Mortgage Servicing required. Knowledge of and experience in Expense Reimbursement claim processing is strongly desired.
- Experience in designing, developing, updating and publishing Processing Manuals, Guides, Job Aids, and Process Maps.
- Ability to effectively interpret and write various communications and procedural guides for both internal and external customers
- Experience designing and facilitating internal and external live training sessions, webinars, and eLearnings
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt, RoboHelp, Articulate Studio, and WebEx
- Strong verbal skills focused on assessing the needs of our business partners, gathering data, and communicating the information in a manner easily understood
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56234