Fannie Mae Careers
Technology Engineer II - SharePoint and Tableau
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understand, analyze, and interpret the established guidelines and methodology to ensure consistency in the environment to work within parameters or implement change as necessary
- Understand end to end performance of IT platforms
- Verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated all round development skills with emphasis on the following:
- Demonstrated competency in SharePoint is required.
- Demonstrated competency in Tableau or a competitor tool.
- Competency in process analysis and improvement.
- Competency in Python, Java, C# or .net is a plus.
- Competency in Blue Prism or other RPA solution (Robotic Process Automation) is a plus.
- Competency in database extract, transform and load (ETL).
- Ability to communicate benefits, issues and risks succinctly to senior leadership.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56223