Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Delivery
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Utilize Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles to drives positive, measurable business value and social, environmental and governance impact. Partner with all businesses and groups. Create, update, or integrate ESG policies and processes within the unit and across the business lines.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Integrate environmental, social and governance principles into all Fannie Mae business lines and into corporate groups
- Works with business lines and corporate groups to identify existing and new goals that support ESG outcomes
- Applies knowledge of Single Family and Multifamily mortgage products and securities to ESG
- Provide information to senior management and regulator, as needed
- Responsible for delivering ESG goals, products and actions with businesses and groups to execute on a set schedule, with appropriate resources
- Responsible for Fannie Mae’s Green Bond and Social Bond Framework and conformance to ICMA and other international standards
- Monitors market, regulatory, social, environmental and governance trends to identify potential opportunities and risks
- Develops marketing, communications and training materials in partnership with Corporate Communications
- Partners with ESG Impact Reporting team to create and track ESG metrics from across enterprise Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training. Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledgeable of socially responsible or impact investing within global capital markets
- Understanding of Fannie Mae's role in the mortgage finance system, Fannie Mae's business activities, Fannie Mae’s financials, and how they fit together corporately and strategically
- Expertise in single family and multifamily mortgage products, underwriting, asset management, disclosure
- Knowledgeable in global standards related to socially responsible/ESG investing and reporting including but not limited to ICMA Green and Social Bond Principles, UN Sustainable Development Goals, UN Principles for Responsible Investing, Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, UNEP Finance Initiative, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, Global Reporting Initiative, and Energy Efficient Mortgages Action Plan
- Expertise in building relationships across business units and corporate functions to influence process or policy changes. Understands business drivers and operational processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills suitable to an environment working with Senior Executives and External Stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously with a hands-on approach
- Prior management experience of team members
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56220