Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Project Management - Multifamily
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Coordinate strategy execution and direct day-to-day operations for one or more project teams in support of Multifamily initiatives. In conjunction with senior management, internal teams, customers and other stakeholders, develop project plans and execute project deliverables while prioritizing the product backlog. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow.
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects as the Product Owner for DUS Disclose, the Multifamily technology platform.
- Implement transformational changes in support of Multifamily initiatives, while serving as the liaison between project management, technology and all business and operational stakeholders
- Determine scope and priority of current and upcoming maintenance for DUS Disclose to allocate appropriate levels of resources to the project.
- Plan projects. Review project status. Manage schedules and prepare status reports.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for problem-solving with all stakeholders.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 to 10 years related experience in Financial services, Fintech, Multifamily, or commercial real estate
- Analytical mindset and experience, with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate and articulate business and technical concepts effectively when functioning as a liaison between various business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functionally, and build collaboration, even when direct authority is not well defined
- Knowledge of multifamily or commercial financing, as well as securitization, specifically CMBS or Multifamily MBS executions is highly preferred
- Experience with program management for multifamily mortgage or securities related systems, operations or data management is preferred
- Highly organized and possesses the ability to quickly adjust priorities and work in a complex environment
- Track record as a successful change agent, with a strong attention to detail and focus on adding business value
- Excellent verbal and written skills, strong presence, intellectual curiosity, energetic and dynamic with a desire to make an impact and lead change
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56196