Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress .
Use your programming experience to implement models, build applications and web based tools that will drive key business decisions. You will be interfacing with analytics, business and technology teams to transform and automate the way that the work gets done. You will be a member of a development team inside of the Analytics department and will be solving highly quantitative challenges to solve business problems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement models/algorithms/calculations by using Java.
- Build internally facing web applications.
- Work with modeling, business and technology teams to deliver solutions.
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects. Collaborate with teams planning or structuring transactions to assist in credit analysis and pricing.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Propose new risk indicators for senior staff/management approval and implementation. Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with the implementation and creation of various models and algorithms including regression models and machine learning techniques.
- 2+ years of experience of full-stack development using Java and J2EE.
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Security, and Spring Batch.
- 2+ years of expert level experience developing web-based GUI using Angular 6+, Java Script, XML, HTML5, CSS and JSON.
- Experience with web service applications on server side using Apache Tomcat, Maven, JSON/SOAP/XML, Eclipse/STS/IntelliJ and Git.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56185