Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Work with consultants, auditors, and others to analyze and provide information on operational, reporting, or system impact related to policy changes and new products. Contribute to special projects. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with SEC reporting, SEC Filings, Investor
- Relations, and accounting. Analyst supports the timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual Reports on SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, including the drafting of MD&A language, preparation and review of financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures in accordance with regulations.
- Understanding of US GAAP and Regulation S-K and S-X, as well as Article 9
- CPA or CPA Candidate required. Big 4 or public CPA firm experience required
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, and re-prioritize work as the needs of the business change
- Ability to interact and present effectively throughout the organization, develop cooperative relationships, and collect information. Excellent writing skills a must.
- Researching and provide financial reporting/technical guidance to business units regarding new accounting transactions, new accounting guidance or new regulatory guidance
- Mortgage industry/Fannie Mae Business Knowledge
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56180