Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineering Manager - Corporate Functions
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The selected Software Engineering Manager will lead a team
of talented technologists responsible for a portfolio of applications within
the Corporate Functions space at Fannie Mae.
In general, the selected candidate will be responsible for: using modern
tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used
by business units or infrastructure units; Lead, or play lead technical role in
development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that
are automated by the application; Assess high level design issues relating to
platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Guide project's roadmap, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Evaluate and assess new software development projects.
- Participate in COTS / Vendor management.
- Take ownership of stakeholder engagement and project deck preparation.
- Responsible for financial tracking of projects / resources.
- Leverage at least 3 years of experience in an Agile environment to coach and mentor seasoned technology staff on Agile practices / principles.
- Be a strong advocate for development process as well as a culture of continuous improvement.
- Serve as a hands-on technical manager that contributes in design, production code, and code reviews.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with Software Development experience (Java or C#)
- Experience deploying mission critical, 24X7 solutions in a SaaS environment
- Attention to detail and a deep understanding of engineering best practices
- 4+ years of experience with cloud-based technologies (i.e. AWS, Azure)
- 4+ years of software architecture
- 2+ years of working experience and knowledge of Agile Methodology
- 4+ years of experience with SaaS development/solutions
- 4+ years of experience with design review and system integration
- 4+ years of CI/CD processes and procedures (Jenkins, Nexus, Git/Bitbucket)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56171