Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer Manager - Capital Markets
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Capital Markets team in Herndon, VA is looking for a Software Engineer Manager that will be pe part of leading a major modernization project of our critical trading MBS portfolio, as well as be part of moving the entire platform to AWS. You will lead a team of professionals who work within project teams using modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Guide project's roadmap, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience in coaching and mentoring seasoned technology staff
- Demonstrated expertise with core Java technologies including, Spring, REST, API’s, RDBMS, and also middleware technologies
- Experience in understanding & delivering complex enterprise scale applications that are resilient, high volume/throughput, low latency, transactional, scalable and fault tolerant
- Strong knowledge of REST architecture (Java, Spring boot, Swagger/API Specs)
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Practices such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Professional experience building, architecting and operating solutions built on public clouds (AWS) and private clouds (VMware) is a plus
- Experience in data caching and related distributed systems experience with API, event driven architecture, container orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of 12 factor principles and knowledge of building cloud native applications is a plus
- Experience with the principles of CICD, Blue/Green and other DevOps practices & tools
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56169