Fannie Mae Careers
Non-Technical Program Mgr III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of one or more projects within a business unit. Participate in strategic planning, determining issues, and assessing future needs to identify projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. Monitor daily operations and provide direction to subordinate staff. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities to advance the work of one or more projects. Plan, document, review, and manage subordinate performance.
- Develop implementation plans. Allocate and coordinate resources. Align with other projects. Develop methods for monitoring project progress. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results.
- Develop, monitor, and review project budgets. Verify expenditures vs. actual. Explain variances.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks to include access requests, space management, equipment procurement and tracking, and contractor requisitions and work orders.
- Develop, implement, and share best practices and tools in areas such as technology development, project management, risk management, change management, document retention and management, and post-implementation review.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Adhere to corporate and business unit standards and procedures. Obtain required approvals.
- Provide technology support and input. Support opportunities for technology improvements. Make recommendations for enhancements.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Identify and resolve project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts. Ensure positive outcomes.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and project management skills are essential with the ability to identify issues and develop sound, practical and creative solutions and provide recommendations to management
- Strong skills using the entire Microsoft Office Suite of products including preparing spreadsheets, documents, and presentation, and leveraging MS Project to track and report program/project data
- Attention to detail is essential. Strong written and verbal skills, and ability to present to senior leadership
- Ability to work both independently and in teams to properly deliver project based solutions at both the strategic and detailed task level
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and Lean Process Improvement methodologies
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56159