Fannie Mae Careers
Governance Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Governance Analyst III is responsible for leveraging expert level knowledge of the business, complex processes, and regulations in support of the effective analysis of the organization's governance, risk, and compliance programs. Core responsibilities will encompass the full life cycle of analytical report development: process analysis; analysis business requirements definition; data extraction and analysis; report design; report development/enhancement; and presentation of data to all levels of the organization. May recommend or implement procedures or business processes that are compliant with legal and regulatory directives and corporate mandates.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluate new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts against governance, risk and compliance standards.
- Understand relevant business context to properly analyze results, monitor performance, and assess risks. Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using R, SAS, SQL, Tableau, or Python
- Utilize data mining, statistical, and machine learning techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
- Prepare and present reporting to all applicable levels of the organization
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication via white papers, reports and presentations, to individuals from various backgrounds
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- R (including familiarity with common packages such as ggplot2, dplyr, tidyr)
- SAS programming
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Tableau (and general data visualization skills)
- Strong SQL skills (Oracle SQL & Microsoft SQL Server)
- Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Python programming
- Experience in a financial services operations function
- Experience in anomaly detection analytics
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics strongly desired
- 6 years of related work experience is preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56148