Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Internal Audit is an independent advisory group within Fannie Mae. Our stakeholders expect, and we deliver, audit and consulting services that improve our company’s operations and objective assurance that Fannie Mae is managing the risks we take to achieve our business strategy. We take pride in our innovative approach to evaluating risk, controls, and governance, and are recognized as a valued business partner that brings a higher level of assurance, protection, and business insight to the company.
As a group, we’re committed to the high level of expertise and innovation needed to audit a progressive company—all within a fun, supportive, and collegial environment focused on making our communities better. Our team is on the leading edge of current audit practice and boasts many of the most sought-after skills in the industry, including financial and operational auditing, big data analysis, economic modeling, cybersecurity assessment, agile development, intelligent automation, design thinking, and so much more. By joining Internal Audit, you’d be a part of a high-performing team that’s committed to your growth and development—so that you can help us pioneer the audit function of tomorrow.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principals. Senior Internal Auditors are expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations and to pursue specialized functional area expertise in one or more areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Internal Auditor role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
- Coordinate and lead audit team meetings to discuss the audit plan, including audit background, preliminary objectives/scope (identified during the Annual Audit Planning process), audit budget, audit execution schedule, affected departments, contacts and expectations. Take ownership and independently manage subsets of audits with minimal oversight from Audit Manager/Director. Conduct first-level review of Internal Auditor work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed.
- Review audit documentation; begin to determine risks and the potential impact of risks on the organization. Perform root cause analysis on exceptions identified during audits. Validate and document Risk Control Matrix; write test procedures based on Risk Control Matrix. Draft audit reports; revise and finalize with Audit Manager/Director. Write ICIs, discuss with audit management and validate issues with customers; assist with additional report writing as needed.
- Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns. Contribute to strengthening and improving the governance, risk and control environment of the organization; share issues, ideas and recommendations with the Internal Audit Manager/Director and Internal Audit teams.
- Provide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to Internal Auditors. Share knowledge of specialty areas to build knowledge and capabilities across Internal Audit.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills; effective in planning, prioritizing, and managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with respect to leveraging data to support the IA point of view
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate across business lines, with all levels of management, leveraging strong written and verbal communication skills
- Audit professional services experience preferred
- Experience with TeamMate and MetricStream GRC Framework software preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56113