Fannie Mae Careers
Servicing Policy Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Develop, recommend, and implement servicing policies and standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex policies. Apply credit management models to current assets or products to recommend shifts in policies to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Fannie Mae servicing policies are appropriate to manage the credit book.
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by servicers or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed policy exception or variance requests, and existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Research servicing policies and practices. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize operational complexity while controlling risks more effectively.
- Make recommendations on assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2-4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Execution-oriented self-starter with exceptional time management skills
- Knowledge of mortgage loan servicing policies and practices
- Ability to interact with/influence others no matter the title/level
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem solving and/or analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to foster a positive work environment while delivering high quality results
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56109